Thursday, September 9, 2010

HAPPY (SURPRISE) BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!


At first I thought my 22nd birthday was going to be pretty boring or ordinary…I was contemplating drinks with friends and work colleagues or just a lunch at work…I didn’t know what I wanted to do. Ricardo told me not to make any plans on Friday 13th (my birthday) as he said he wanted to take me out for a romantic dinner! That for me sounded great.

By the time Friday had come I was still in two-minds about what I wanted to do after the romantic dinner; should I have drinks with friends or not? I made some traditional porra prego rolls for the colleagues at work during the day…and they loved them!! But everybody wanted me to do something more…..I wasn’t really feeling the birthday vibe this year because I wasn’t will all my friends and family from JHB.

While we were on our way to supper Ricardo said ‘let’s check out Luigi and the Fish on the way to dinner, and maybe you can have drinks with your friend there…’ me being as gullible as I am said; ‘ok!!’ 


 


While we were walking around we were checking all the different areas the venue has. We walked into a private venue and all I saw was balloons and cupcakes…I said to Ricardo; ‘we can’t go in here it’s a private party…’ he said: ‘let’s just look’ and as I walked in everyone jumped out from their hiding areas and shouted SURPRISE!! I didn’t know what to do with myself…I remember running out and burying myself in Ricardo’s arms…I was so overwhelmed!! A big and unexpected surprise!
 
 



People from my work knew the whole time about the surprise party and they covered up so well by asking me what I wanted to do on the weekend… Veronica lied to me the whole week and said she knows where I am going for supper… Carmen made the cupcakes and borrowed the cupcake baking tray from the house saying she needed it to make cupcakes for her grandparents… Even my mom said that there might be a surprise coming (I thought she was sending me something from JHB), I mean…how gullible can a person be???

Anyways we partied (with the helium balloons and with the candles that relit over and over) and I enjoyed it a lot….a huge blue fishbowl, drinks and pizza later!! Thanks MY LOVE, VEE & CARMEN and all my friends… you guys are the best!! I got some really stunning gifts too…. I’m too spoilt!   


 
  


 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment